Celebrate your furry friends this National Love Your Pet Day

Love Your Pet Day

National Love Your Pet Day is one of those ridiculous holidays created to make people feel like every day is a little less mundane, but for your pets.
Celebrated on Feb. 20, National Love Your Pet Day is intended for owners to spend with their four-legged friends. It is unknown where or who created this holiday, but pampering your pets (more than you do already) will make them feel loved and appreciated. It is also a great day to adopt, donate or volunteer at a shelter!
MacKenna and Sunshine
MacKenna Lawson, performance studies junior, has a cat named Sunshine. For the holiday, she will be feeding her cat its favorite food, flan. Sunshine also loves to tear up papers, so on national love your pet day, Lawson said she will give her some extra paper and spend extra time playing with her.
“I had been wanting to adopt a cat, and it just so happened that my sister had just found one, but couldn’t keep it, so I took it as a sign that I was supposed to bring this animal into my life,” Lawson said.
Brooke and Drake
Brooke Woodhouse, human resource management junior, has a Goldendoodle named Drake. She adopted him in her sophomore year.
“I am celebrating national love your pet day in the best way possible: by giving Drake lots of cuddles and his favorite bacon-flavoured snacks,” Woodhouse said.
Joe and Jax
Joe Fierros, finance junior, has adopted a golden retriever named Jax.
“I got him from a breeder in New Braunfels. He was eight weeks old. I get him all sorts of treats, but mostly greenies,” Fierros said.
Kimmy and the Humane Society
Kimmy Chancellor, anthropology sophomore, does something a little different to celebrate.
“I’m going to the animal shelter to volunteer with dogs because I can’t have my pet here this year, and the dogs are always happy to see a new face at the Aggieland humane society,” Chancellor said.
Lexi and Louis
Lexi Anders, electrical engineering junior, has a Goldendoodle named Louis. She has individual plans for a puppy celebration.
“I am taking him to a doodle play date after we go to Petsmart, ” Anders said.