Freshman Heather Abadie stalls out during the pole vaulting competition at the SEC Indoor Track and Field Championship on Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022.
Soaring for success
Youngchan Kang, JOUR 359 contributor • May 8, 2024

Supported by an athletic family background, junior Heather Abadie has continued to soar toward her ultimate Olympic goal as she sits atop Texas...

Christmas time is here

Ashely Bautista

Sanata Clause waving and spreading christmas joy to the crowd at the College Station Christmas Parade Dec. 2, 2023

College Station kicked off the month of December with its first ever Christmas Parade.

On Saturday, Dec. 2, College Station held its first Christmas Parade, which began at Post Oak Mall and concluded at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park.

Uplifting the fun holiday spirit, guests enjoyed sounds from the Aggie Band, decked-out floats and an appearance from Santa Claus himself. Attendees watched from the side as fire trucks, horseback riders, motorcyclists and more paraded through the streets. The most classic Christmas carols and songs played simultaneously, and parade participants passed out candy and bells to children watching along the street.

Several organizations, schools and groups participated in the parade, boosting the variety and diversity of participants.

The parade not only uplifted the spirits of the attendees, but also of the participants, Olivia Thomas said.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year and the College Station Christmas Parade reflected just that,” Thomas said. “It was great to participate in the parade and see the diverse group of people who lined the streets to attend.”

The parade ended with a beautiful lighting ceremony in Central Park and many relished the sight of festive lights.

After the parade, many attendees stayed to enjoy the Christmas in the Park event which included photos with Santa, delicious hot cocoa and many other foods and holiday treats.