Eats and Beats

EatsNBeats1
Photo by Courtesy
EatsNBeats1

Eats & Beats is an event held every other Friday night during the summer at the Lake Walk in College Station, where the community can listen to live music and enjoy a wide variety of food options.
As a fairly new project of Lake Walk, Eats & Beats got its catchy name from the two components the event puts on which includes live music and food trucks, marketing manager Natalie Rosser said.
“We felt like the area needed something like this,” Rosser said. “To see something like this come alive and be available for people is really cool. There’s really nothing like it in Bryan-College Station.”
Eats & Beats is free, open to the public and welcomes family, friends and pets to join the live festivities in front of a lake side view, according to Rosser. Generally, food trucks begin to arrive at 7:00 p.m. and the music starts at 7:30 p.m. and ends at 9:00 p.m. With a food truck park environment to the left and a concert with a variety of genres to the right, Eats & Beats was intended to create a place where people can relax on a Friday night, according to special events coordinator Kate Chapman.
“It’s a space and time you can bring people together with the organic ingredients of community, music, relationships, family and fun in a very special setting not soon to forget,” Justin Shulse, Lake Walk Director of Community Operations & Program Management, said. “ It’s about Texas music being played under the bright stars overhead and the final display of the sun’s ego as is drops beneath Lake Atlas. Nobody will remember the band, but they will remember the time and experience in the park with lots of people, more importantly their family and friends.”
The concert series began last year in the Fall but is now only held during the summer. Averaging around 500-600 people during this summer, Eats & Beats kicks off each concert series with a theme. Past themes include, School’s Out for the Summer, Bear & Wine Night, Heart of the Summer and Backyard BBQ.
“The idea for Eats & Beats is to give the community something to do on a Friday evening,” Chapman said. “It’s also to raise awareness about Lake Walk and to show people apart of town that lot of them don’t know exists.”
Although Eats & Beats is still in phase one of Lake Walks 10-year plan, Rosser sees great things for Eats & Beats in the future.
“Eats & Beats will always feature new up and coming music along with local food vendors displaying their passions,” Shulse said. “Our future is not measured on how many people show up, but the quality of interaction people can have in one evening.”
Eats & Beats summer concert series continues this Friday, July 27 titled ‘Family Fun Night’ with a Hawaiian Luau theme and a live performance from Katye Hamlin. Eats & Beats ends their summer series themed, ‘Endless Summer,’ on Aug. 10 with a local favorite Austin Meade, according to Rosser.
For more information visit: lakewalk.com/concerts.

• EatsNBeats