Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure comes to Texas A&M

Prehistoric+Underwater
Prehistoric Underwater

Travel back in time when prehistoric marine reptiles roamed Earth’s oceans through Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure.
Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure will perform in Rudder Auditorium on Friday, Nov. 30 at 6:30 p.m. The immersive visual experience takes audiences back to when prehistoric marine reptiles lived in Earth’s oceans. This is the second show from Erth Visual & Physical Australia, whose shows are constructed using technology, puppets and actors to make it a realistic visual experience.
According to Catherine Major, the marketing and sponsorship inquiries manager for Erth, the first show put on by the company was the popular Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo Live. The Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure is the same concept of show, but looks into ancient marine reptiles which lived millions of years ago in the ocean’s depths. Some may still live today.
“Erth has a long history of creating puppets and shows that honestly depict creatures, ancient and current, real and imagined,” Major said. “ From single creatures came shows that explore those creatures.”
Major said everyone has their favorite parts in the show, but she particularly loves the zen-like essence of the baby Plesiosaurs.
“The show hopes to instill curiosity in children in hopes they will delve into learning about science and nature,” Major said.
The show is interactive, with the creatures coming out into the audience and some young audience members going up on to the stage to participate in the show.
“We certainly hope they will be entertained and will also will have learned a little bit more about the natural world,” Major said. “The show hopes to instill curiosity in children in hopes they will delve into learning about science and nature.”
Engineering freshman Rodolfo Arias said he first heard about Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure through the signs put up around A&M.
“After seeing the signs, I made sure to check my schedule and make room to go see the show,” Arias said. “I think the time of prehistory is very interesting which urged my decision in attending.”
Arias said when opportunities like this arise, students should take time to go see something that is both entertaining and informative.
“The time of the prehistoric marine reptiles is a time we will never be able to actually experience, so I hope by attending this event I can get a slight insight of how these animals were like back then,” Arias said.
Meteorology freshman Serena Willard said she believes the prehistoric time was an interesting time period, so when she saw the advertisement for Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure she knew she had to go.
“This is a time we can’t go back to, so I think the company that puts on these shows is providing a unique experience,” Willard said. “This seems like an interesting show where you can travel back to a time when these impressive animals lived. Therefore, I believe this is something to make time for out of a busy schedule.”