Feeble Contenders mix faith-based lyrics with indie sound

What does a 27 year old living in Austin have in common with a handful of college kids in Aggieland?
This isnt a set up for a cheesy joke, its the story of a band comprised of what seems to be an unlikely pairing.
The Feeble Contenders, an indie rock band based in College Station, started as a solo project by Josh Sisco, and the rest of the band was formed a few years later. Junior history major Alex Knoll met Sisco at a show in Midland previously while the two were performing with other bands.
The rest of the band is comprised of Addison Conley, recent Texas A&M graduate Jordan Wright and junior Communication Marco Pisterzi.
When Knoll moved to College Station, he mentioned forming a group to Sisco.
He was without a band and we were with a singer, said Knoll. So I gave him a call.
Sisco said that the name of the group has a special meaning to them.
The bands name comes from the idea of putting up a fight when the odds are stacked against you, Sisco said. Though it may be one that we lose, its still counted as one we fought.
Sisco said that their songwriting is related to this concept as well.
Our songwriting is where we come to terms, Sisco said. We write a lot about faith, meaning and its uncertainties. We all come from different backgrounds and to each of us faith may mean something a little different.
Knoll also said the lyrics stem from spiritual matters.
It is religious based, Knoll said. We write about the struggles, and Joshs personal experiences. We [the band] offer our views of it all.
Knoll said that Siscos age provides the inspiration needed to write songs.
Hes young at heart, Knoll said. He has a lot of life experience. It gives us more material.
Despite the age difference, Sisco said that the group is able to bond as a band.
They tease me a lot about being the old guy in the band, Sisco said. But, its such a blast. We are all very passionate about what we do.
Most recently, the band preformed at The Grand Stafford in Bryan. Knoll said he enjoys playing locally.
It was cool, Knoll said. It is cool to play where you are based out of and to get a good response.
Knoll said it doesnt matter where he performs, because he has a similar feeling no matter where the band plays.
Every show is the same for me. I try not to look at anybody, Knoll said. Everybody plays for their own reasons, they play for that out of body experience. Its your release.
Band member Marco Pisterzi said playing with The Feeble Contenders is both a healthy hobby and a bonding experience.
Music has always been my outlet for everything, Pisterzi said. They are all my best friends. Its all about doing what you love with who you love.
Sisco said that the band has a promising future ahead, which includes an album, a summer tour, playing at Aggie Relay for Life, and working on new merchandise.
We are very excited to be working on our first full length album called The Bear of Bad News, Sisco said. It is set to release this summer.