Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Film screenings in Aggieland

the+hobbit.jpg
the hobbit.jpg

“Es El Chapo?”

The supposed arrest of the largest drug lord in the world, El Chapo Guzman, inspired the controversial documentary “Es El Chapo?” that will be playing at Premiere Cinema in Bryan starting Friday, April 10. The film questions Guzman’s actual arrest, as well as examines the role that the United States government plays in the drug cartel violence existent in Mexico. “Es El Chapo?” showings have been prohibited in select theatres, including Chicago two weeks ago.

“A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night”

A skateboarding chador-wearing vampire wandering the streets of an Iranian ghost town isn’t something the average movie-goer sees every day. But that’s exactly the character that’s depicted in the 2014 American film “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.” This Persian film, which has been dubbed the “first Iranian Vampire Western ever made,” is centered around “The Girl” a.k.a. the vampire that stalks the residents of the lonely and death-stricken ghost town. Complete with English subtitles, this horror flick will be preceded by free pizza and drinks at 7 p.m. Thursday in HECC 209.

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”

Orcs, dwarves, Middle Earth and a fearsome dragon — The third and last film of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic, The Hobbit, will be screened in an outside showing 7 p.m. Friday in Rudder Plaza. MSC Aggie Cinema encourages the audience to bring blankets and chairs as the fight to defend the Lonely Mountain unfolds in “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.” 

• A girl walks home alone at night.jpg

• Es El Chapo?.jpg