Texas A&M infielder Ted Burton (27) and catcher Jackson Appel (20) collide during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Friday, May 17, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Razorbacks take Game 2 over Aggies behind solid bullpen performance
Hunter Mitchell, Associate Sports Editor • May 17, 2024

In Thursday’s game against No. 3 Arkansas, it took 11 innings in a historic pitcher’s duel between junior LHP Hagen Smith and sophomore LHP...

FLO competition unites and serves

Freshman men representing their Freshman Leadership Organizations will dance, perform and answer questions in front of an audience to determine who is the king of the FLOs.
The annual Mr. FLO competition, hosted by MSC ALOT, will showcase the talent of FLO gentlemen. Todd Flanagan, freshman electrical engineering major, is representing MSC Fish. He said each FLO has the chance to either nominate a candidate or hold an in-organization competition to choose a candidate.
“I heard about this last semester and I was all over it,” Flanagan said.
Audience members are asked to bring in one canned food item that will be donated to the Brazos Valley Food Bank. Each can donated will add a point to the competitor that the audience member supports, said Hannah Wimberly, Fish Council member and freshmen psychology major.
This is the first year the competition has been serviced-based, said Caroline Matlock, MSC ALOT member freshman biomedical engineering major. Asking for canned goods will not only benefit the community, but will also hopefully increase audience participation, she said.
“It’s a fun way to promote FLO unity and more than that it’s about giving back to the community,” Wimberly said.
Mr. FLO is an opportunity to encourage interaction between FLOs. Flanagan said the competition offers a unifying factor both between the competing FLOs and within them.
“It was definitely really, really awesome to know that now my FLO is behind me and supporting me and they’re going to be there on Thursday screaming their heads off,” Flanagan said.
With a group dance, talent portion and Q&A session, this competition is sure to be filled with laughter, said Flanagan. He said the competition will also include a walkout.
“The walkouts will be movie themed, with 30 seconds of music playing in the background,” Flanagan said.
Michael Soules, FLARE member and freshman political science major, said the event was fun and a great way to show off some of the values that FLOS represent.
“FLOs aren’t like other organizations,” Soules said. “There’s a lot of skills that you can develop from it like leadership, better work ethic and organization.”
FLOs will host their “Mr. Flo” competition at 7 p.m. Thursday in Rudder Auditorium.