Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Former Aggie football player to appear on Big Brother

Clay+Honeycutt
Provided
Clay Honeycutt

Clay Honeycutt, a former A&M football player, will appear on the 17th season of the CBS hit show, Big Brother, this summer.

Clay graduated from Texas A&M after just three and a half years with a degree in health while he played defensive back for the Aggies. He now attends graduate school working on his masters in sports management.

The native of Dickinson, Texas will compete for the $500,000 prize on the reality game show that keeps the contestants under surveillance 24 hours a day. While on the show, contestants are isolated from the outside world and must survive periodic evictions in order to advance and eventually win the contest. When asked how he was going to contribute to the show in an interview with CBS, a bit of his Texas upbringing was revealed.

“I love anything that’s competitive,” Honeycutt said. “I think I bring a level of respect to it, I’m going to respect everyone coming into the game and try not to compromise my morals and my values.”

On a show that has been known to be risque at times, it will be a challenge for Honeycutt to stay true to how he was raised in the heat of the competition. Along with that aspect of the show, Honeycutt said the hardest thing for him will be the inability to contact his family. However, Honeycutt said he can find solace in the fact that his family, along with the rest of America, will have their eyes on him for potentially up to 13 weeks this summer.

The 17th season of Big Brother will premier June 24 at 7 p.m. on CBS.