Former student adds acoustic touch to performance

In a blend of pop, rock and acoustic instrumentations, Charlie Gore, Class of 2012, took the stage at the latest performance of the MSC Town Hall Coffeehouse series, serenading an audience with soulful melodies and vibrant renditions.
Gore, a current resident of Austin, performed his own music as well as popular covers in a show suited for the relaxed, yet raw vibe of the Coffeehouse series. From pop themes to rock roots, the show incorporated a mix of music that seemed to make the audience crave more.
I thought it was great, said Daniel Hinson, junior industrial distribution major. Sometimes you get weary of how people will sound in real life compared to CDs, but this was good.
Gore said his music is a hard-to-define combination of artistic inspirations and sound, deriving from a love of Gavin DeGraw and guitar.
[My music] is definitely pop and instrument driven, Gore said. Its like if Gavin DeGraw and John Mayer had a love child, it would possibly be like that love child.
Gore, whose debut album will be released in April, is known for songs such as When I Think Of You, Underrated Love and Stay the Night. The singer-songwriter performed in College Station as a student and garnered a fan base among A&M crowds. Gore won the 2008 Imagine Aggie Artists Battle of the Bands, a competition sponsored by Town Hall, Texas A&M Division of Marketing & Communications and the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus.
Each time I come back to the area, its like Im brand new again, which is good and bad, Gore said. Its a challenge to find a new fan base, but I have a special connection with A&M and College Station. I like the challenge.
Taylor Niebel, executive of the Town Hall set-up crew and junior ocean engineering major, said with a good crowd and tunes to set the tone, the performance went well.
Theyre was a good turnout and response. His music is great, clean and well put together, Niebel said. Were always glad to have people come out, especially people whove been here. It was cool to have another student come back.
Katrina Lack, freshman mechanical engineering major, said she liked the performance and the style of Gores music.
I liked him, Lack said. Hes got a nice voice and acoustic sound.
Gore said much of his music has been inspired by the relationships he has experienced and seen throughout his own life.
My songs are mostly about relationships, love and getting over the little bumps in the road, Gore said. When I sit down to write, I dont do it like Im going to write on a certain topic.
Gore said that he has big dreams for the future, but is meeting each moment of his career as it faces him.
I would love to go on tour, and with big dreams, win a Grammy and write a hit song one day, Gore said.
The performance had students in the MSC tapping their feet, singing along to original songs as well as covers such as Kanye Wests Heartless.
I loved [performing], Ive loved coming back to A&M, Gore said. The crowd was very responsive. I was happy with it. I felt like they were in it, in the vibe.