Getting ready to graduate

With graduation around the corner, students might be in a panic to make sure they have all the requirements to walk the stage. On top of school work and extracurriculars, it is easy for things to fall through the cracks when it comes to the requirements to graduate. Below is a simple checklist to make sure all students that are eligible to graduate do so with ease.
View your degree evaluation
The degree evaluation on Texas A&M’s Howdy website is a great resource to see if you’re on top of all your credits, especially the credits that are at times overlooked. This includes the writing requirement all majors have where students must take either one writing intensive class and an oral communication class or two writing intensive classes. The degree plan will show you whether or not you have fulfilled all the credit hours required to graduate in great detail.
Verification of enrollment
For students taking courses counting toward their major and minor at an institution other than Texas A&M, Texas A&M at Galveston and Texas A&M at Qatar, proof of enrollment at those institutions are required to transfer the credits and become eligible for graduation.
Apply for graduation
All students can apply for graduation online on the Howdy website, given all of their credit hour requirements are met, until the 60th class day. It is recommended that all students apply for graduation, either online or in person, before Feb. 15 to avoid any late fees upon applying. The last day to apply for graduation with late fees is April 30. It is important to double check the information on your application such as the students name, permanent address, and whether or not the student will be attending the ceremony.
Preparing for the ceremony and after
In accordance to the Family Educational and Privacy Rights Act (FERPA) students can void any information in the Commencement program. An outstanding balance is also required to be able to graduate and students can check their balance in the “My Finance” tab on A&M’s Howdy website. After your application is submitted and even after you graduate, you can check your graduate status online to make sure nothing pops up unexpectedly. Students should also check their schedule for the ceremony as well as guest and cap and gown information. Last but not least, students should focus on having a great time knowing they have graduated from Texas A&M University.