Grounded in history

Photo by Photo by Brad Morse

Completed in 1951, the Richard Coke Building houses Texas A&M’s administrative offices. 

Richard Coke Building
Completed in 1951, the Richard Coke Building currently houses Texas A&M’s administrative offices, as well as the Undergraduate Programs Office for the College of Liberal Arts. When the building was completed, M. Thomas Harrington, university president at the time, moved the university’s administrative offices to the building from their old location. Named after Richard Coke, who served as the Texas governor from 1874 to 1876, the building is noted for its pink-colored brick and stout shape. Coke was among the first faculty members at A&M, and was instrumental in the college’s founding.
John J. Koldus Building
Built in 1992, located across the street from the Student Memorial Center, the Koldus building, named after John J. Koldus, houses the Student Services offices. This includes the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, offices for the Student Government Association, the Veteran Services Offices, the Prospective Student Center, storage space for student organizations and meeting rooms available to rent out, among other things. Before the Koldus Building was built, the location was parking lot 60.
Editors note: An inacruate version of this article was previously published. This version has been updated to be more factual.

• Koldus

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker