How to BTHO finals week this fall

Photo by Photo by: Alexis Will

Symptoms of stress include low energy, headaches, slow-stumbling walk, upset stomachs and insomnia.

Classes are coming to a close in less than three weeks and Dec. 7 through 12 is finals week in Aggieland. Since this can be a stressful time, here are some tips that can help Aggies BTHO Finals.
Create a study schedule
While studying for finals, it’s important to start early and create a schedule. This can help students visualize a good time to buckle down and dedicate time to review the semester’s material. Being organized can reduce stress and ensure you have time to address the study needs of every test.
Utilize study spaces
Find a good space without any distractions. Students can reserve a study room for group or individual work at many of the libraries on campus.
Don’t pull all-nighters
Sleep is important, especially during finals. While it’s easy for students to drink multiple cups of coffee and pull all-nighters, it is not recommended. Cramming all night does not help the mind absorb information. Without sleep, the brain does not have time to process information and the feeling of fatigue could cause grades to suffer as well.
Attend review sessions
Going to review sessions for finals is extremely beneficial for students looking to improve their grades. These sessions can help students realize what their strengths and weaknesses are in the class, giving them an idea of what to focus on while studying.
Work with others
Based on personal study preferences, students should give study groups a try.
Working with others can be beneficial because it gives students an opportunity to ask questions about a certain topic they were unable to understand on their own. If you find it easier to memorize information by vocalizing it, working in a group can be extra helpful.
Get help from the Writing Center
The University Writing Center is hosting their Final Paper Countdown event which helps students get an early start on their final papers. The event is on Nov. 26 and Dec. 3 from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Students can sign up for a time slot that lasts up to four hours. Included in the event are snacks and coffee, and consultants from the writing center will be present to help students with writing.
Reach out
Finals come with a lot of stress. Student Counseling Service offers students on-campus counseling, giving them an opportunity to talk to someone. Students can schedule an appointment on the SCS website or call the HelpLine at 979-845-2700.
Take a break
Being wrapped up in the chaos that is finals week can be overwhelming. It is important to take breaks sometimes. Focusing on other things for a while can help students not feel quite so stressed during the last couple of weeks of the semester. Simply heading out with friends can be a great a way to de-stress.