It’s a sweet life

Sweet+Paris
Photo by Courtesy of Sweet Paris
Sweet Paris

A new crêperie has arrived in College Station, making life in Aggieland just a little sweeter.
Sweet Paris is a French inspired café which serves both sweet and savory crêpes; and has opened its fifth location in Century Square. The grand opening was July 19 and saw large crowds coming to enjoy the tasty pastries.
Founders Ivan and Allison Chavez opened the first Sweet Paris location in May 2012 because they loved crêpes, but could scarcely find them in Houston. For this reason, they sought to bring the pastry they loved to the town in which they lived. Although College Station is their fifth location, Allison Chavez explained why she was very excited about this locale in particular.
“We are thrilled to bring the delicious worlds of crêpes to the College Station community, where locals and visitors alike are serious about fun and food,” Allison Chavez said. “Sweet Paris has a prime location in the Century Square development, where our fans can eat, play, shop and work. This strategic expansion to one of the most diverse communities in Texas will give Sweet Paris the opportunity to grow into other markets as alumni of Texas A&M make their way back home and to new cities after graduation.”
As an additional treat, the College Station location has the company’s first completely local special crepe, only available in Aggieland. “The Aggie” is a breakfast crepe containing mozzarella, bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs and fresh jalapeños. Carolina Santaella, the head of business development for Sweet Paris, explained the philosophy behind this dish.
“When we came to Aggieland we knew we needed a local flavor …” Santaella said, “And with all our crepes, how it looks is just as important as how it tastes … When we have people stop taking pictures [of the food] that’s when we know we have a problem.”
Making delicious pastries isn’t all that Sweet Paris does. The business also seeks to help provide food for those in need. Santaella explained the Sweet Paris “Eat here, feed there” philosophy which has been instilled in the business since its inception.
“When our owners opened in 2012 they decided that they wanted to do something to combat child hunger,” Santaella said. “There’s three crepes on the menu signified by a Houston Food Bank sticker. A portion of those orders goes to the Houston Food Bank and provides one child a full meal, and that’s part of our philosophy that goes everywhere we are and everywhere we will go in the future.”
For menu items and more information, visit sweetparis.com/college-station.

• Sweet Paris

Photo by Courtesy of Sweet Paris