Jersey rock n’ roll comes to Rudder

Jersey+Boys.jpg
Jersey Boys.jpg

Seven trucks rolled into Aggieland this week containing the 196 costumes and 142 lights that make up just a fraction of the Broadway hit musical, “Jersey Boys.”
The show tells the story of Frankie Valli, Tommy DeVito, Bob Gaudio, Nick Massi and their journey to forming the iconic 1960s rock ‘n roll group, “The Four Seasons.”
The 2005 production, originally created by band member Bob Gaudio, depicts the rags-to-riches story of “The Four Seasons” and includes some of their hit songs like “Big Girls Don’t Cry” and “Sherry” and details of their not-so-glamorous past.
The production, brought to Texas A&M by MSC OPAS, is made up of 49 cast members, features five number-one hits and has received four Tony Awards, including Best Musical in 2006.
On Tuesday, OPAS hosted a meet-and-greet with the cast of the musical where they expressed their excitement for their upcoming performances.
“Texans love this show and always show a strong appreciation of the music,” said Keith Hines, who plays Nick Massi.
Cory Jeacoma, who plays Bob Gaudio, echoed his cast mate’s sentiments.
“Texas always gives us a warm welcome,”  Jeacoma said.
Jeacoma, who has only been on the tour for six months, said his favorite part of this show is the people he works with.
“The guys and group are just like family — the camaraderie here is special,” Jeacoma said.
Others at the event shared that they loved the musical and “The Four Seasons” because they produced feel-good music that they listened to with their parents.
“[I like] when people come to us after a show and older generations tell us about older times and get sentimental about the music,” Hines said.
The cast as a whole said they were excited to be in Aggieland and they were definitely excited to experience the Aggie Spirit.
“Jersey Boys” will run Feb. 22 to 26 in Rudder Auditorium. Rush tickets are available to students for $25 with a valid Texas A&M ID, limit  two per person.