Kyle Field renovation comes with culinary revamp

Tanner Garza — THE BATTALION Levy Restaurant Executive Chef David Picou shows off the new menu selections offered at the concession stands inside Kyle Field.

The stadium itself isn’t the only part of Kyle Field renovation witnessing changes. The menu for concessions has also undergone a face-lift as a result of the partnership between Texas A&M and Levy Restaurants.
“I think the variety is what we are most proud of,” said David Picou, executive chef of Levy Restaurants at A&M. “We’re actually trying to put some some food in the stands that didn’t just come out of a cardboard box. It was something that was prepared, had thought put into it and [has] a little bit of something for everyone out there.”
Picou said he felt it was important that there be regional fan favorites in addition to classic concession items like nachos.
The menu is set to include items like the “chicken fried steak dog” covered with jalapeno cream gravy, Slovacek smoked sausage, Aggie Nachos and an Aggie Burger. There will also be brisket and pork tacos as well as brisket sandwiches.
“I think it’s a great addition to the fan experience because people are here watching football, but they want to drink and they want to have a good time,” Picou said during the Kyle Field walk through Thursday. “That’s all part of it.”