Lights On! in downtown Bryan brings holiday cheer to community

Lights+On
Lights On

Downtown Bryan’s Lights On! event will begin on Friday with Santa Claus turning on Christmas lights at 6 p.m. The lights will extend from Gloria Sale Park through Main St. and Bryan Ave.
Events at Lights On! include a showing of the Christmas movie “Home Alone” and free pictures with Santa Claus at Carnegie History Center, along with performances by the Salvation Army Band, Bryan ISD Music Groups and the Texas A&M Century Singers.
Downtown Bryan marketing coordinator Abigail Noel helps promote the event and assists the event coordinator.
“I’m super excited,” Noel said. “This is one of my favorite events that we do. Everyone gets in the holiday spirit, Santa is there, kids love Santa Claus, and so it’s just a lot of fun for me.”
The A&M Century Singers will be performing, including psychology sophomore Natalie Burkett. She said she is excited for the opportunity to share their music with the community.
“Being there and caroling for the community is really nice,” Burkett said. “Performing something you’ve worked so hard on is a really amazing experience. Being able to show the work that our choir has done is amazing.”
Le Hale, art educator and owner of the Purple Turtle Art Studio, will be providing an art table for kids. In addition, families can go to the Village Cafe in downtown Bryan to eat a pasta meal and paint a snowman on a canvas together for $40.
“It’s wonderful,” Hale said. “It’s family friendly, and a time for families to kick of the holidays Bryan style.”