The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Love games: Five titles to play together this Valentine’s Day

Creative Commons

Portal 2 is just one of many video games that you can play with the Player 2 in your life.

Video games are responsible for creating relationships, strengthening existing ones and allowing more than one person to be engaged. They are an opportunity to do something that you and your significant other can do together. These video games are my picks for both you and the Player 2 of your life.
“Portal 2”
If your college course work doesn’t have you and your Valentine’s brain cell count down to three already, this game might just do the trick. In this game, Player 1 and 2 become Atlas and P-Body: two robots designed to participate in Aperture’s Cooperative Testing Initiative. Using the portal gun, a tool used to create two linked portals, you and the person you might want to marry someday (but also maybe not) will traverse through exponentially challenging puzzles testing your perception and teamwork skills. Bond strengthening through gaming? Truly a concept.
“Jackbox”
Being social doesn’t have to end just because you’re off the market. “Jackbox” is the ideal party game for even the most casual of gamers to play. Using a Kahoot-style game mode, everyone’s phones become their controllers. Players utilize their wits, sense of humor and artistic ability to edge out the competition in hilarious mini games. Trick your friends into picking the wrong answer in Fibbage, design the raddest (or stupidest) T-shirt in Tee K.O. or test out which of your friends is the worst liar in Fakin’ It. This game is best played with at least four players, making this the perfect double, quadruple or octople date night idea.
“Minecraft”
Have you and your honey bun baby cutie pie ever discussed what type of house you’d love to live in? A beach house with an aquarium? A farm with a beautiful view of your procedurally generated world? Maybe you just want to build a phallic building to be funny. “Minecraft” is the sandbox game where the possibilities of what you can do are limited only by your imagination. The creative mode allows for long term construction plans to be made that will keep you and your partner getting together to build the structure of your choice. Or take on the dangers of the night and try to stay alive in Survival Mode, peppering in a bit of challenge to the game.
“Snipper Clips”
Changing who you are for someone else is an unhealthy behavior in a relationship, but in “Snipper Clips,” it’s the only way. This action-puzzle game has players taking on the role of paper heroes capable of snipping each other, rearranging their shapes to solve puzzles. This Nintendo Switch exclusive makes use of the console’s versatility to be a mobile-focused multiplayer console that can be played on the go or while melted into the couch on a lazy Sunday. Blankets not included.
“Overcooked”
So you wanna play a game with your snuggle bunny love bug but — oh no. You only have one controller. Luckily, “Overcooked” doesn’t need more that. Splitting the controller in half, you and your cupid will share the controller to run the hectic kitchens of “Overcooked” and send out orders before the customers get angry. While it sounds simple on paper, the true chaos starts when orders catch fire, the wrong ingredients get handed over and the pile of dirty dishes holds up the line. Expect to be screaming and laughing, or maybe even crying by the end of this stress-ridden culinary masterpiece.