Lululemon and the A&M Panhellenic Council team up for International Women’s Day

Other+364
Other 364

Led by inspirational women, The Other 364 Days is an empowering way to celebrate International Women’s Day.
This event is a united effort by Lululemon and Texas A&M’s Panhellenic Council and is set to inspire women and setup healthy practices to help meet their goals for the year. This event is held on March 7 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in The George Hotel and is free of charge.
Aly Kastner, Class of 2012, is the Assistant Manager at Lululemon Century Square. Kastner said Lululemon prides themselves with standing behind what they believe in.
“We are a company that’s really big on not only empowering women, but people,” Kastner said. “We are primarily a female brand with female leadership so we know what females around the company are up to and therefore around the world are up to. It’s an amazing thing to have one day to celebrate what women are doing daily but why not celebrate everyday of the year when they are still up to big things that just go under the radar.”
The Other 364 Days consists of three events: a yoga practice, a meditation routine, and a vision and goal seminar. Shannon Marley is the manager at Lululemon Century Square. Marley is leading a meditation routine at the event and said that meditation is a powerful tool for not only women but everyone in general.
“As a company overall, we base everything we do around yoga and a big part of yoga is meditation,” Marley said. “A meditation practice can lessen anxiety, can promote a positive mindset, help one feel more grounded, and is a great way to feel more present. We tend to focus on things we are thinking of in the future or dwell on the past meditation is a great way to focus on the things you can do day in and day out.”
The Other 364 Days is interested in teaching women when to focus on now and how to plan for the future. Sara Urban, a former employee of Lululemon, is leading a vision and goal seminar for The Other 364 Days event. Accord to Urban, her time at Lululemon made her want to give back to the company that helped improve her life.
“I am a former employee with Lululemon and my personal development through my time with Lulu is invaluable,” Urban said. “The event is a moment and opportunity to teach girls how to create a vision and from that vision how to set goals and put you in the right direction to reach that goal. It’s not so much as a here’s step one and here’s step two but talking through it … and letting people know there is no right or wrong way to do this. Its okay to want to be a boss or its okay to want to be a stay at home mom and if there is anything I can do to help that vision, I’m all in. I hope that this event is the first step to the other 364 days.”