Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Participants find their match at AggieCon46

Photo by Photo By Taylor Siskind

Casey Lee, English senior, dressed as Mr. T, and Mandy Tinder, entomology graduate student, dressed as Anna from “Frozen.” 

“A mutual appreciation for face-punching,” Lee said.

The Cepheid Variable, a student organization for science fiction enthusiasts, hosted the 46th annual AggieCon this weekend, a convention held to bring together people with interests including sci-fi, anime and comic books.

For the first time, AggieCon tried something new by hosting an event called “The Cosplay Bachelor/Bachelorette.” Two different versions of the event were constructed, one G-rated, the other an 18-and-over event. In this game, people dressed in cosplay, short for “costume play,” volunteered to find their perfect match. The catch: they could only speak as the character they came dressed as. This resulted in reference after reference of quick, witty lines.

Chosen before the event started, three participants sat on one side with a divider blocking their sight from the “bachelor” or “bachelorette.” Also blinded by the divider, the bachelor or bachelorette then asked questions to figure out who could be their best potential love interest. At the end of the questioning, the bachelor or bachelorette, with the help of the audience, chose his or her match.

Afterward, each of the participants’ identities were guessed and revealed with a result of some pretty odd pairings. Below are pictures of the final couples along with how they knew it was meant to be.