Pat Green, Jamey Johnson hit B-CS for festival

Grammy-nominated country artists Jamey Johnson and Pat Green will share a stage for the first time, along with support from Chris Hennesee, Saturday at the Brazos Valley Country Music Festival at the Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater.
Johnson and Green have never played on stage together, so in addition to being a first for a budding music festival, it will be a first for the artists, said event coordinator Roger Marinez.
“We wanted to bring somebody who has never been to College Station,” Marinez said. “We know that for Texas, country is really big here, of course, but we wanted to bring in a Nashville act, a national act, to compliment that. We want to bring College Station something great, something we can build on for years to come.”
Johnson won the 2009 CMA for Song of the Year with “In Color,” from his album, “That Lonesome Song.” Green, a San Antonio native, has performed with artists such as Keith Urban and Kenny Chesney. Chris Hennessee has toured extensively with Johnson and has had songs featured on TV’s “Nashville.”
The event will also include food and craft vendors from across the country.
“We’re trying to set something up so that we can have a whole bunch of food vendors, cold beer and great music, a relaxing environment so that people can just enjoy their day outdoors,” Marinez said. “It’s a beautiful venue as well. We’re aiming for fun for the whole family.”
Emily Walker, a communication junior who will attend the concert, said College Station has a growing music scene.
“I think it’s something we should be proud of,” Walker said. “We’re not the biggest of cities, but we’re pulling in some really big names.”
Tickets are on sale at www.brazosvalleyfest.com. There is a student discount, and tickets cost $20 in advance and $25 at the gate.