“Positively Enchanting:” MSC OPAS releases Season 43 lineup

“Beauty and the Beast” is one of the fourteen shows coming to campus through MSC OPAS for its Season 43.

MSC OPAS released its Season 43 lineup 7 p.m. Thursday. With only one OPAS Family event still under wraps and not yet announced, the 2015-2016 MSC OPAS Season has 14 programs planned.
Special Events
7:30 p.m. Feb. 2, 2016 – “PostSecret”

PostSecret is a project created by Frank Warren that displays anonymous secrets written on homemade postcards. The project eventually became involved in suicide prevention on college campuses.
OPAS Jr.
2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Oct. 11, 2015 – “Room on the Broom”

A kind witch and her cat travel via broom and invite other animals to join them.
2 p.m. and 4 p.m. April 3, 2016 – “Miss Nelson is Missing”

Students learn to respect and appreciate their teacher, Miss Nelson, after she is replaced by a wicked substitute.
OPAS Family
7 p.m. March 30, 2016 – “Cirque Mechanics”

Inspired by modern circus, “Cirque Mechanics” integrates mechanical objects such as wheels and bikes into their “pedal punk” act.
Second OPAS Family show to be announced
Intimate Gatherings
7:30 p.m Sept. 24, 2015 – “Grady Gaines and the Texas Upsetters”

A show featuring saxophone player Gray Gaines.
7:30 p.m. Feb. 16, 2016 – “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes”
6 p.m. Oct. 6 and 7, 2015 at Miramont Country Club – “Back Home Again: A Tribute to John Denver”
7:30 p.m. March 29, 2016 – “The Gloaming”

The Gloaming mixes traditional forms of Irish music with contemporary sound.
7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 2015 – “The Hot Sardines”

This group brings back the “hot jazz” from the 20s and 30s complete with scatting and a tap dancer.
Main Stage
7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, 2015 – “VoicePlay”

“VoicePlay” was featured on the show The Sing Off and is a purely accapella group.
7:30 p.m. Nov. 16 and 17, 2015 – “Disney in Concert: Magical Music from the Movies”

While clips of classic Disney movies such as Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin play on a screen in the background, a full orchestra plays the movies’ scores.
7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 and 21, 2015 – “Beauty and the Beast”

“Beauty and the Beast: the Musical” will be coming to Rudder Auditorium with Broadway on Tour.
7:30 p.m. Feb. 19 and 20, 2016 – “Million Dollar Quartet”

This show is a musical focusing on the joined sounds of Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.
7:30 p.m. March 8, 2016 – “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
This musical is a twist on Joseph in the Book of Genesis in the Bible.