Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Randy Rogers Band returns to Harry’s

Randy Rogers Band will be performing at Hurricane Harry’s on Friday.
The band performs in all kinds of venues, ranging from big cities to small college towns. Lead singer Randy Rogers said he enjoys the atmosphere and the enthusiasm from fans that the band experiences in Aggieland.
“Probably the best and most fun college town to play,” Rogers said. “So I think that’s why we keep coming back. It’s always been really good to us. Always have big crowds and enthusiastic fans.”
They have played and recorded live at Floore’s, an iconic venue that has hosted musical legends such as Elvis Presley and George Jones. Just in the last decade, the band has toured 200 dates each year. They have even taken their talent to television, performing on TV programs such as Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Conan.
Randy Rogers Band’s last three albums have debuted in the Top 5 on the Billboard album chart. One reason for the band’s success is how they strive to include authenticity into their lyrics, said Rogers.
“I just try to write what I see,” Rogers said. “I always thought country music was kind of like the blues. It’s really simple — just truths about life, good and bad.”
Emily Gainey, ag communication and journalism freshman, went to the band’s concert in College Station last semester and will be seeing them for a fourth time this Friday. She is just one example of the passionate fan base that the band has gained over the years.
“Everyone knows who Randy Rogers is so it’s just a good time,” Gainey said.
Doors open up at 9 p.m., and tickets are $15.