Risk pays off in vacation venture

Matt Kinsel, Charles Shewchuk and Josh Lewis all have one thing in common, success.
These three friends and colleagues have worked together for more than a year, building their futures, their incomes and their lives. All decided to take a risk, gamble on a dream and do something most young men only imagine. Travelling the globe committed to what they love, they found their calling in life and are shared it with the world.
Kinsel, senior finance major, started at A&M unsure of what his future had in store for him.
“I didn’t know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because I thought my choice included the word ‘job,'” he said. “I didn’t want my degree in finance to dictate the path of my life.”
He started a computer services business, and although successful, he began to realize the hold it had on him.
“All I did was own a job and if I didn’t show up every day, I wouldn’t generate any income and the company would suffer,” Kinsel said. “It wasn’t true wealth, which is time and money freedom.”
Shewchuk, who left school to pursue business ventures, was the one to get the ball rolling in College Station. He showed the business to friends, one of which was Lewis.
“A little over a year ago, one of my best friends [Shewchuk] gave me a call and shared this idea with me,” Lewis said. “I treated it like the next Facebook, and I was one of the first to hear about it. I knew it was going to be big. I made the decision that day to go all in.”
Lewis and the others describe the business as a “network marketing company.” Lewis said it works like Mary Kay, Amway, and Avon, but it is positioned in the largest industry in the world – travel. The company sells memberships to be a part of the club, where members gain access to wholesale travel and other daily perks.
Lewis and the others are independent representatives of the company, which allows them the ability to promote the membership.
After Shewchuks’ initial involvement, Kinsel and Lewis jumped on board. Kinsel said,
“I knew I was prepping myself to work for the rest of my life,” Kinsel said. “I enjoyed business but I had other passions I wanted to follow. This [business] looked like it would be a way to give me time back to do those things. I have earned a residual income through the company. I will be paid for the work I have done for the rest of my life. It’s a willable asset I can leave for my family because it is a multi-generation wealth.”
Shewchuk decided to leave A&M after his first semester to pursue this business model.
“I don’t want my parents’ life,” he said. “I want to build a business now that in a couple of years, I don’t have to be physically there for it to pay me for the rest of my life. I want to put in the effort now so that my business pays for me whether I am here building it or on the beach.
All three said that initially they were fearful and skeptical of taking a risk on this company, but each now say that this is one of the best financial and relational decisions they have ever made
“You earn success [in this business] by helping others find success,” Kinsel said. “The camaraderie I have learned from being an Aggie has bled into this. I work with my best friends – help them have success while building passive income. This all streams together and has an impact on thousands of peoples’ lives.”