Sisi Berry soulfully serenades audience in downtown Bryan

The music scene in the Bryan-College Station area changed as Sisi Berry introduced a soulful, bluesy style of music to mesmerize audiences.
Berry, a senior international studies major, performed at Uncorked wine bar in downtown Bryan on Wednesday night. Berry was able to incorporate the perfect balance of original songs and covers to keep the crowd interested, involved and relaxed during the weeknight concert.
Her attention to her fan base and overall appreciation for music in general is something that always pulls me back to see her live, said Michael Martin, sophomore marketing major who has been a fan of Berrys music since her band, The Jeremiahs, won the MSC Town Halls Battle of the Bands competition in 2011.
Berry started playing music at an early age, taking up the guitar at the age of six, and started singing once she entered college.
I have known Sisi for a long time, said Nina Bassler, sophomore business major and long-time friend of Berrys. Her and my older sister would always put on performances at our house.
Berry said she draws heavily on blues and classic rock influences for her music.
I really look up to musicians like Bill Withers and Grace Potter, Berry said. On the rock side of things, I see Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix as inspiration. Their music is perfect for just jamming, gets the crowd involved and really gives off the vibe that everything is okay. Thats something that Im shooting for.
Getting the crowd involved is not a new concept to Berry. She regularly asks for feedback from the crowd during songs and feeds off of their energy. Berry also takes the time to explain the meaning behind her original songs, further connecting with her audience.
Martin said audience relation and involvement is Berrys intent in music.
I feel like Sisi plays the music she plays for her fans and for her love of music in general, Martin said. Fame is not the priority for her, but rather its simply putting out music that everyone can listen to and relate to.
Berry said she plans to pursue a career in music after college.
Music is plan-A, Berry said. Im working hard on compiling my repertoire and expanding my fan base. I would love to have a huge band play with me; the more instruments the better.