Graduate P Shaylee Ackerman (10) pitches during Texas A&Ms game against Valpo on Feb. 10, 2024 at Davis Diamond.
Holding down the house
Holding down the house

Spring TV means returning favorites

As the spring semester begins, students are seeing the return of some of their favorite television shows. Not only are books, papers and homework making a re-appearance, but televisions hottest, funniest and most dramatic characters as well.
Reality TV is everyones guilty pleasure. When our lives seem just a little too tough to take, we immerse ourselves in those of the glamorous and trashy, if only for a brief thirty minutes. With the start of reality television season, viewers will see the return of favorites like Kourtney & Kim Take Miami, The Bachelor 17, Duck Dynasty, The Real World and more.
Students can rest assured that distractions will be plenty as we watch the Kardashians take yet another city, a bachelor look for love in all the wrong places and some bearded guys roam the swamps.
In addition to these candid favorites, students can also look forward to the premiere of some of their favorite fictional series. HBO will be making a huge comeback this semester with a second season of Girls and a third for Game of Thrones. Other popular returning shows include CBSs How I Met Your Mother, ABCs Revenge and Modern Family, ABC Familys Pretty Little Liars and FOXs New Girl.
Some new shows are making their way to television as well this season. The Carrie Diaries, the prequel to the epic series Sex and the City, will make an appearance as well as How to Live With Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life), an ABC comedy series about a recently single mom who ends up moving back in with her parents.
With busy schedules and a lack of fancy recording devices, online watching outlets are a must for students. Hulu, a free site for several television series, allows viewers to watch their favorite shows shortly after they originally air and even offers exclusive series such as SPY, Pramface, and Freshmeat. Netflix, catching on to the trend this season, will release its first original series, House of Cards. In addition, Netflix is reviving the comedy Arrested Development.
So whether your poison is comedy, drama or reality television, the time has come. Our shows are back, and ready for viewing. So get comfy on the couch, pick up the remote and watch.