Taking Family Weekend to Downtown Bryan

Provided
Downtown Bryan Art Fair

UPDATE, April 12: The Downtown Street and Art Fair has been cancelled due to weather concerns.

Featuring interactive art demonstrations, the Downtown Street and Art Fair showcases Bryan’s varied culture.
This is the Downtown Bryan Associations’ 10th anniversary hosting the Street and Art Fair. Food trucks and nearby restaurants will be open for the 2,000 expected attendees. This year’s event will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on a blocked-off W. 26th Street. Admission is free.
Abigail Noel is the marketing coordinator for the Downtown Bryan Association and handles the marketing and promotion of the Street and Art Fair. Noel said they will have eight to 10 different musicians arriving to play throughout the day, in addition to the many other artists.
“We bring in 30 to 35 different artists from across the region,” Noel said. “Occasionally business’ partner with one or two here and there and so having them all in one place and time is awesome.”
Since the fair is an official Texas A&M Family Weekend Event, the attendees of the event are going to vary in both age and taste. Multiple art demonstrations and street performers will also be on display to help fill Downtown Bryan with a variety of culture and talent.
Katelyn Brown, senior event coordinator for the Downtown Bryan Association, said they’ll be offering something special to celebrate their 10 year anniversary.
“We are bringing up an artist named Anat Ronen,” Brown said. “She’s from the Houston area and she is a 3D street muralist. She’s going to come up and do a 3D chalk mural that you can sit or stand in and feel like you’re a part of the picture.”
Event coordinator Hannah Hernandez is an event coordinator at the Downtown Bryan Association and is in charge of booking artists this year. These artists will be selling some of their creations at the fair. According to Hernandez, artists flock to the fair due to Bryan’s love of culture.
“We just have more artists this year than in the past,” Hernandez said. “Blinn College will be there as well presenting a lot of the work that they’ve done.”