Top five places to get breakfast in College Station

Cafe+Ecell
Cafe Ecell

With the wide variety of breakfast restaurants located in College Station, choosing a place to eat can be difficult. Here are the top five places to get breakfast and brunch in the B-CS area, as chosen by Aggies.
1. First Watch
Open from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., First Watch is a daytime cafe that specializes in providing fresh, healthy meals to customers. Engineering freshman Harsh Meta said he enjoys the atmosphere of the restaurant.
“There’s always something going on,” Meta said. “The staff are super nice, and it creates a fun ambience and makes breakfast enjoyable.”
Lamia Ahmed, business junior, said she likes the options at the daytime cafe.
“The avocado toast at First Watch is good, and other places in College Station don’t serve that,” Ahmed said.
2. Torchy’s Tacos
Although not exclusively a breakfast restaurant, Torchy’s Tacos has become an inexpensive favorite for animal science senior Alexa Parker.
“[Torchy’s] is where I go when I want something cheaper,” Parker said.
However, price isn’t the only factor that brings Aggies to the taco joint, according to agriculture communications and journalism freshman Halee Sanderson, who praised the quality of the food.
“They have really good ingredients that go into their food,” Sanderson said. “Also, I love their tortillas.”
3. Blackwater Draw
Located on Northgate, Blackwater Draw is a popular restaurant that entices locals with its good food, decent prices and handcrafted brews.
Animal science freshman Haley Jircik said Blackwater Draw is a great place for a sit down meal.
“The inside has kind of a relaxed, modern feel and the staff are super friendly,” Jircik said. “Plus the food is really good.”
4. Cracker Barrel
With its old country store coupled with a homestyle restaurant, Cracker Barrel appeals to students looking for a heavier breakfast and a classic southern feel.
Agricultural communications and journalism sophomore Creager Davis praised the restaurant’s country style cooking and southern charm.
“[Cracker Barrel] has a home cooked feel and a welcoming, homey atmosphere,” Davis said.
5. Cafe Eccell
Unique to the Brazos Valley, Café Eccell offers customers a laid back feel and delicious fresh food. Parker listed the cafe as one of her favorite places to go for breakfast.
“I really like their breakfast enchiladas,” Parker said. “They’re a good mix of breakfast food and Mexican food, which are my two favorite things in the world. They have a great atmosphere and the people that work there are really nice.”

• First Watch

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett
  • Torchy’s

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett
  • Cracker Barrell

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett
  • Blackwater Draw

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett