Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Upcoming community events

Photo by Photo by Madeline Ramos

Third Thursday was created as an extension of first Friday, a separate occasion for local musicians

Thursday, Jan. 17
Third Thursday Art Step is a free showcase of local art and artist in Downtown Bryan from 6-9 p.m.
Teacher Appreciation Night at Lake Walk Town Center at 4:30 p.m. for teachers and administrators to come hang out and get 2 for 1 appetizers and 25 percent off drinks with your teach ID.
Aggie Night Out at Messina Hof Winery & Resort–get $5 glasses of wine and a free taste of Aggie Network wines with student ID or Aggie ring.
Ladies Night hosted by Mo’s Irish Pub–get special drink offers and live music.
Mo’s Irish Pub offers live music every Thursday to Saturday from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Singer/Songwriter Night is a free event at The Village Cafe from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. with local original music from local musicians.
Friday, Jan. 18
Italian Dinner New York City Style hosted by Christopher’s World Grille offers a multi-course dinner with alcoholic beverages for $95 a person at 6:30 p.m..
Saturday, Jan. 19
35th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Keeping the Dream Alive Celebration at Lincoln Recreation Center
Outdoor Community Yoga hosted by Lake walk Town Center at 8 a.m. brings together BCS community members for interactive yoga. Mat and water not provided.
Brazos Valley Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. with all locally grown produce and fresh jellies, herbs and etc.
Gardening with the Masters will be held at the Clara B. Mounce public Library from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. for people interested in learning how to care for and prune roses in time for blooming season.
MLK Soul Food Lunch hosted by Brazos Valley Area Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc will be from 11 a.m to 2 p.m at the Neal Recreation Center in Bryan. Each plate of food is $10 and all proceeds will go towards funding service projects in Brazos Valley.
Women’s Tennis against UTSA at the Micheal Tennis Center at 10 a.m. and against University of Houston at 2 p.m.
Swimming and Diving versus LSU at 11 a.m at the Rec center auditorium.
Track and Field against A&M Triangular at 1:15 p.m.in the Gillian Indoor Stadium
Men’s basketball against Missouri at 2:30 p.m. in Reed Arena.
Sunday, Jan. 20
Waggles and Wine is hosted by Messina Hof Winery & Resort from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for a glass of wine and handmade treats for your pup. If you don’t have a pup, there will be some there for you to meet and play with!
Monday, Jan. 21
2019 MLK March and Program hosted by Brazos Valley Area Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. The march will begin in Sadie Thomas Park at 10 a.m. and move to Kemp Elementary for the program led by keynote speaker Brian E. Francis.