Graduate P Shaylee Ackerman (10) pitches during Texas A&Ms game against Valpo on Feb. 10, 2024 at Davis Diamond.
Holding down the house
Holding down the house

2 A&M football players arrested

A pair of Texas A&M defensive starters were arrested early Sunday.
According to a Bryan Police Department report, defensive lineman Isaiah Golden was arrested for possession of less than two ounces of marijuana while linebacker and 2013 leading tackler, Darian Claiborne, was arrested for a noise violation.
Golden and Claiborne were later released after posting bail.
Golden, Claiborne and freshman signee Devante “Speedy” Noil were parked in a handicap parking space when approached by a Bryan police officer, according to the report.
The officer reported that he immediately smelled marijuana upon approaching the vehicle. According to the report, Golden admitted ownership of the marijuana and was arrested for possession.
Claiborne, who was suspended for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in Dec. 2013 following a possession of marijuana arrest, “became very loud again complaining that this was going to ruin the defendant’s career,” according to the officer’s statement.
The police department also found a three-quarters full bottle of brandy in the vehicle, which Claiborne was ordered to pour out in front of the officer as none of the occupants were of legal age to possess alcohol.
According to the report, Noil, who was seated in the back of the vehicle, was not arrested.