3 pop-up vaccine areas offered in upcoming week

Photo by Photo by Abbey Santoro

The most recent Texas vaccination report shows one-third of Texans have taken the opportunity to get vaccinated against COVID-19 which has contributed to the lowest number of cases and hospitalizations across the state in over a year. 

Three additional COVID-19 vaccine pop-up stations will be added starting the week of Sept. 20 for staff and students scattered throughout the Texas A&M campus, as announced in a campus-wide email.
In a push to get campus members vaccinated, university administration announced in a Sept. 17 campus-wide email the addition of these new walk-up sites throughout campus after receiving faculty feedback during the first weeks of the semester. 
According to the email, the three pop-up vaccination centers for the upcoming week include:

• “Sterling Evans Library in the study area near Starbucks on Monday, Sept. 20 from 10 a.m. to noon.

• “The 12th Man Hall in the Memorial Student Center on Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

• “The Corps Quad at the Plank LLC Lobby on Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to noon.”

The A.P. Beutel Health Center will continue to offer vaccinations on a daily basis by appointment
As an incentive to get campus vaccinated, the university is hosting a raffle for anyone fully vaccinated by Oct. 14. A&M announced on Sept. 3 that there would be five students to receive a year’s worth of tuition totaling $14,500, while five faculty members will receive prizes including cash and football tickets among other prize choices.