A unique approach to marketing

Photo by Photo by Hanna Hausman

Drifting Creatives, (left to right) Spencer Cogburn, Martin Hooper, Class of 2009 and Gavin Braman, Class of 2009, spent five month on the road, working their way across the country and are now based in B-CS. 

Since 2010, ‘Drifting Creatives,’ an Aggie owned and operated marketing and branding agency, has grown from a shared idea to a full-fledged business, offering an eye-catching approach to web content and branding design.
Two days after graduating from Texas A&M in 2009, two Aggies, Gavin Braman and Martin Hooper set off on a road trip aimed at networking and gaining enough experience to eventually start their own business.
“The idea was that we would design our way across the country,” Braman said. “And we would pay for the whole trip with design work that we could pick up by doing work for small businesses.”
“What makes us different is our commitment to strategy and making sure that everything we do has purpose,” Hooper said. “We understand that aesthetics are important, but if there’s not a good base of strategy, then you’re not going to see the same return on investment.”
Since it’s opening, Drift has redesigned web and branding content for companies such as the Dixie Chicken, Bison Coolers, College Station’s The Cove and even produced a number of videos for Texas A&M.
Braman said that the agency has done projects within the university, including their current project of redesigning the website for the George Bush Presidential Library.
“I think for us that’s a really, really cool project,” Braman said. “In some ways it feels like it’s more local but we kind of have to remind ourselves like, ‘This is a presidential website,’ that’s pretty awesome.”
The agency’s partner Spencer Cogburn said the company hopes to expand its customer base across the country in the coming years.
“I’d love for us to have more staff, hopefully have more national clients than we do now and possibly international clients,” Cogburn said. “If everything goes according to how we’ve grown in the last three years, we might be able to expand to having offices in other cities as well.”
Braman says that Drift aims to promote an agency that customers and visitors to their website are able to connect with and get excited about.
In previous semesters, Drift has offered a graphic design internship for any student interested in expanding their experience. The position will be open for spring 2018. Those interested in an internship can find out more information at driftingcreatives.com. 

• Drifting Creatives have designed content for companies such as the Dixie Chicken and Bison Coolers, and they are currently working on a redesign for the George H.W Bush Museum website.

Photo by Photo by Hanna Hausman