Accident in Northgate garage kills one, injures two

A truck struck and killed one student and left two in critical condition in the Northgate parking garage early Sunday morning.
Lindsay Dian Walters, a 21-year-old accounting graduate student, died at the scene. Accounting graduate student Rachael Rahn and College Station resident Andre Bocock, both 22-year-olds, were injured.
According to the College Station Police Department, Rahn was listed in critical condition at the St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan and Bocock was in stable condition at the College Station Medical Center.
“She was by far the sweetest person ever,” said Walter’s friend Natalie Minshew, a finance graduate student. “Anyone who met her would love her. She was very considerate.”
Minshew was not with Walter at the time of the accident.
According to the College Station Police Department release, the initial investigation said the driver of a black Dodge truck could not slow the vehicle down.
“The truck sped toward a line of people waiting to pay parking fees. The truck jumped the curb and struck several persons in the line,” said the report by Sgt. Chris Perkins of the CSPD. “The truck then exited the parking garage and struck another vehicle traveling on College Main before coming to a stop in the roadway.”
According to the report, the driver of the truck was Alma Martinez, a 26-year-old female from Bryan.
“As Martinez began to leave the parking garage, her vehicle began to accelerate rapidly,” the report said. “Martinez was unable to stop the vehicle as she drove east through the first level of the parking garage.”
It was not determined whether alcohol was involved. The case has been turned over to the CSPD Criminal Investigation Division as the investigation continues.