The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Administration should provide more adequate unloading zones to dorms

For a campus that tries to be diverse and attempts to make sure every student is treated the same, whether black, white, rich or poor, this University has caused an injustice to its students. For on-campus students, move out day can be a pain. This is especially true if you happen to live in Hart Hall, where there are no convenient loading zones offered by the University. Loading zones located right outside the dorms are offered for students living on North or South side. Hart, the lowest priced co-ed dorm on campus, houses students who can’t afford to live in some of the more expensive styles of residence halls.
By not placing convenient loading zones near this hall, the University has discriminated against some of the poorer students of A&M, and the University is forcing them to carry their belongings much further than any other student has to who lives on campus. As a resident of Hart, I have suffered long walks carrying heavy objects to my truck just so I can avoid getting a ticket from Transportation Services. For a University that tries to help its students, it sure is going about it in the wrong way by making it selectively harder for some students just to pack up their belongings and leave for the summer.
Paul NesterClass of 2008