76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Aggie men fall to No. 8 Duke

The No. 9 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell into its first losing streak of the young season by dropping its match to No. 8 Duke University 5-2 on Saturday. The loss marks the Aggies’ second straight defeat after losing to No. 1 Illinois, 4-3, last week.
Duke was able to set the tone for the day by sweeping the doubles match. In the premier match-up of a No. 1 against a No. 2, it took a tiebreaker for Duke’s No. 2 doubles team of Ludovic Walter and Jason Zimmerman to squeak by the
Aggies’ top-ranked team of Lester Cook and Ante Matijevic 9-8 (4).
After capturing the ever-important doubles point, the Blue Devils went on to win four of the six singles matches.
“Duke was pretty good today,” said A&M head coach Tim Cass. “I take responsibility for the way our guys played. I’ve seen better efforts from Aggie tennis teams.”
Despite his first doubles loss of the season, Matijevic, ranked No. 19 in singles, was able to defeat Walter in singles action later that day. Walter, who is ranked seventh nationally, is the highest-ranked opponent Matijevic has defeated in his collegiate career.