A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Aggie men lose another close game

The Texas A&M men’s basketball team continues to fall just short as it lost to Iowa State, 89-82, Wednesday night at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa.
After holding a 36-33 lead at halftime, the Aggies (7-9, 0-5 Big 12) quickly relinquished the lead in front of a raucous Cyclone crowd.The Cyclones opened the half on an 11-2 run over the first 6:31.
Iowa State (12-4, 3-2) had three scorers with more than 20 points, led by freshman guard Will Blalock’s 22. Senior guard Jake Sullivan and junior center Jared Homan both added 20 points. Homan also pulled down 10 rebounds and contributed seven blocks to the Cyclone effort.
Aggie forward Jesse King came back from a nagging foot injury to give a dominating performance. King led the Aggies with 21 points and 11 rebounds in 29 minutes of play.
Sophomore guard/forward Antoine Wright added 17 points. Freshman point guard Acie Law IV had his second straight impressive game as he poured in 13 points and dished out two assists in only 19 minutes of play.
Iowa State set a Big 12 record for free throw attempts with 53 in the game. The Cyclones hit 28 of 42 free throws in the second half due to 25 Aggie fouls in the half.
Iowa State hit 21 of 28 free throws in the last four minutes of the game to seal the win.
A&M will return home to face No. 18 Texas Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Reed Arena.