Aggies beat UTSA

Every starter in the Aggies’ lineup had a hit in Tuesday’s match up with UTSA, but the top of the batting order was responsible for most of the damage.
Left fielder John Infante, shortstop Jose Salazar and centerfielder Kyle Colligan filled the top three spots in the lineup and led the Aggies with six hits and five RBIs. Stouffer and Dalton held their own at the end of the lineup, scoring three runs while posting three hits, three walks and an RBI together.
“It was good to see tonight that we scored some runs late and did put (them) away and were able to relax a little there in the ninth inning,” Aggie head coach Rob Childress said.
Chance Corgan, the Aggies’ starting pitcher, gave Texas A&M five strong innings before handing it over to the bullpen en route to a 9-3 win against UTSA.
“I think our starter threw really well,” UTSA head coach Sherman Corbett said. “He gave us what we needed, but when we brought our bullpen guys in, they had a couple of hit-and-run situations.”
The Aggies had a huge sixth inning, led by Kyle Colligan, who sent a two-run triple down the right field line to put the Aggies ahead for good.
For an Aggie team that has ridden its pitching all season long, nine runs and 15 hits later, the Aggies have gained some respect from their opponents with their bats.
“They were able to keep the pressure on and score some runs,” Corbett said. “From the mound we located a few bad pitches, and they were able to him ’em and hit ’em hard.”