Aggies got Talent’ to further SGA endowment

Student Government Association will kick off its first “Aggies Got Talent” show Saturday to raise money for its endowment fund.
Gracie Wood, senior political science major and SGA Development Commissioner, said the event will consist of 16 various talent acts, including a yodeler and a electric violinist, as well as a silent auction.
“We do auditions and we had almost 50 acts come audition for the show and we chose 16 out of those 50 acts.” Wood said.
Hannah Wimberley, SGA public relations vice president and psychology junior, said the event organizers hope to make this event more successful than the previous development project, the SGA golf tournament.
Wimberly said the talent show will be judged by a campus celebrity-filled panel.
“We have two amazing swimmers judging, one of whom is an olympian,” Wimberly said. “Then we have the director of student activities, Russel Thompson, and then we have Keith Swim, who is a management professor at Mays Business School, and then we also have Ryan Trantham, the MSC president. So we really do have a great group of judges.”
Jeff Claybrook, SGA communication executive vice president and political science senior, said the show holds a lot of opportunity for development.
“We have other similar events on campus but none that are open really to all students like this one is,” Claybrook said. “We have a lot of talented individuals on campus, and this is a great opportunity for students to come out and see and support their fellow Aggies.”
“Aggies got Talent” will premiere from 8-10 p.m. Saturday in Rudder Theatre. Seating will begin at 7 p.m. and tickets will be sold at the door for $7 or $5 for presale in MSC Box Office.