Aggies honor late student’s legacy through concert

Over 400 people will gather Saturday to sponsor an organization that a recently deceased Aggie cherished his first and only year at A&M.
A&M students will have the opportunity to support an organization that sophomore chemical engineering major Luke Urbanovsky who passed away in a car accident last June held close to his heart through a benefit concert Saturday at Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater.
Josh Urbanovsky, Lukes oldest brother, is in charge of the planning that has gone into making the Carry Ahead Lukes Legacy concert possible and said the process has gone better than expected.
The city of College Station has worked with us tremendously to help make this show possible, Josh said. We are really fortunate to have such a great lineup performing. The bands all fell into place in very unique ways, but the similarity of each is represented by people who create amazing music and want to help change the world by supporting this amazing cause.
More than 460 people are expected to attend the concert in memory of Lukes life and love for service.
It will be an amazing concert and with the people attending this, there will be amazing energy in the crowd, Urbanovsky said. But the truth is, without him living his life the way he did and impacting so many people’s lives already, none of this would be possible.
The money raised from the concert will go to the Luke Urbanovsky Texas A&M Foundation, an endowment in support of the Freshman Leadership Organization, MSC FISH, of which Luke was a part. MSC FISH is designed to shape its members into future leaders. Lukes role in the organization was planning and executing Kyle Field Day, an event that brings local charities to Kyle Field for students to participate in.
Someone’s impact on a community and school through an endowment can be the difference between someones involvement as a student or not, said Steven Baker, sophomore business major and member of MSC FISH. The concert will allow FISH to expand its reach and welcome students to the organization Luke loved.
Zach Rozinsky, a sophomore electrical engineering major and assistant director of MSC FISH, said Lukes attitude toward service will be an example for others.
A person can have a massive impact on a community or a school, Rozinsky said. It all depends on how they choose to leave their fingerprints. Luke’s life will show others what it means to be a selfless-servant. Luke was a giver, an entertainer and an outstanding friend.