Aggies Lose in Closest Game so far

The best game of the tournament so far, but only because the closest game prior to tonight’s win by OSU was the Sooners win over Iowa State on Thursday (a game where Iowa State cut the lead to 5 after hitting 2 three-pointers in the final 30 seconds). A&M is out, and now Brent and I will spend the rest of the time watching teams other than A&M.
I really thought that when JamesOn Curry fouled out with a few minutes remaining that A&M was going to prevail. Obviously, that wasn’t the case. Boggan hit the game-winner with 11 seconds, but I really thought we had more than enough time to get something. But we didn’t.
“They were pretty tough in there and they made their free throws and we missed ours,” Billy Gillispie said. “It is just a matter of executing, finishing plays in the paint.”
“They came out and their backs were against the wall, and they answered the call when they needed to,” Acie Law said. “They played hard, as simple as that. We just have got to do a better job of finishing plays out there.”
I’m not as disappointed as I thought I would be, but maybe it hasn’t set in yet. I might be more disappointed in the fact that Kansas has almost a walk to the tournament title unless Texas puts something together. I guess the only saving grace is that we’ll be well rested for the NCAAs.