Aggies make potluck dinner

Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks and is often a time when many want to give back to the community. Those looking to give are in luck this holiday season with many opportunities to serve in the Bryan-College Station area. One group of friends received the chance to reach out to the Bryan community with a Thanksgiving potluck dinner Tuesday.
“About a year ago now a group of friends were praying and looking for a place to do service in Bryan, Texas,” said Benjamin Travis, junior special education major. “Through a lengthy process, they were given a house.”
This Thanksgiving Potluck was the first major event at the house. The group said they saw a need and decided they wanted to meet that need and love on the people. The house is a safe place for people who are homeless with various needs.
“We see a need in Bryan, specifically in the community around Neal Park, and have the blessing to be able to provide an awesome thanksgiving meal for people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to enjoy a good, warm meal this week,” said Andy Aguilar, senior industrial engineering major. “We want to share the love, joy and goodness that Jesus has brought into our lives.”
The purpose of the potluck is simple. The group simply wants to love God and love others, they said.
“Sometimes it is easy to get all technical and strategic about how to ‘reach out’ or how Biblical we can be, but if we just keep it simple, all we have to do is love God and love people,” Aguilar said.