Aggies open Big 12 play in Missouri

The 16th-ranked Texas A&M volleyball team opens Big 12 play on Saturday when it heads to Columbia, Mo., to take on the Missouri Tigers.
The Aggies (7-1) are coming off a five-set victory over the Houston Cougars in Houston on Tuesday, 30-32, 31-29, 30-28, 19-30, 15-10. It was the first time all season that A&Mhad been taken to five sets.
The Tigers (8-0, 1-0 in Big 12) opened Big 12 play with a victory over Texas Tech on Wednesday in Columbia, 30-27, 30-25, 26-30, 31-29.
The Aggies return home Monday for a game against Kansas State at G. Rollie White. The game was rescheduled after it was canceled due to the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C.

FAA puts no-fly zone into affect

WASHINGTON (AP) – The government has banned all aircraft from flying within 3 miles of major professional and college sporting events and any other large open air gathering.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s notice to pilots became effective at noon Thursday, said spokeswoman Laura Brown. The ”no-fly zone” extends up to an altitude of 3,000 feet.
The notice applies to all types of aircraft including small planes, blimps, balloons and gliders.