Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Aggies set for Baylor

The No. 19 Baylor Softball team travels to College Station Wednesday to take on No. 15 Texas A&M at 6 p.m. at the Aggie Softball Complex.
The Bears currently rank second in the Big 12 in team batting at .304 and lead the conference in home runs with 52. Senior outfielder Kelly Osburn was recently named Big 12 Player of the week after hitting .563 with three home runs last week.
A&M head coach Jo Evans is aware of the Bears offensive attack and knows pitching will be at a premium.
“Both teams are hitting the ball well and getting good pitching,” Evans said. “We will have to be able to shut down their potent offense.”
A&M comes into the game having won four of its last five contests, including a sweep of in-conference foe Oklahoma State on Wednesday. The Bears, meanwhile, are coming off a weekend split with No. 16 Nebraska.
The Aggies are currently in second place in the Big 12, but are only two games ahead of Baylor. Baylor head coach Glenn Moore says his team is close to being a contender for the conference championship.
“Look back at lost games and four or five could have been turned into wins,” Moore said. “We could be 11-1 instead of 7-5. The girls also understand the impact the remaining games on the schedule could have on the Big 12 as well as the postseason.”
The game will mark the second meeting between the two teams, with the Aggies winning the first 4-3 in Waco on March 22.
“We felt we let that game slip away,” Moore said. “They are playing better today than at that time in the season and we are too. It is hard to play down there but exciting at the same time. It should be a great ballgame for the fans.”