Aggies take three-game skid to South Carolina

%26%23160%3B

After three consecutive losses, the Texas A&M men’s basketball team (12-7, 3-3 SEC) looks to bounce back as it matches up against the South Carolina Gamecocks (7-12, 0-6 SEC) at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Columbia, S.C. The Gamecocks head into the game on a six-game losing streak.
Wednesday’s matchup marks the third time A&M has faced South Carolina and the first time the Aggies will play inside Colonial Life Arena. The Aggies hold a 2-0 series lead against the Gamecocks, most recently defeating South Carolina earlier this season 75-67 in Reed Arena.
During the last meeting between the two teams on Jan. 15, the Gamecocks fell into a shooting slump, only converting 5-of-18 shots from behind the arc. A&M also forced 17 South Carolina turnovers, assisting in the Aggies come-from-behind victory. In the win, junior guard Jamal Jones scored a team-high 22 points.
Although he scored only three points in the last meeting, sophomore guard Alex Caruso is leading the SEC in assists (91) and assists per game (4.8). On the defensive side of the ball, he ranks fourth in the SEC in steals per game (2.2).
South Carolina head coach Frank Martin faced the Aggies seven times during his tenure as the head coach at Kansas State, and holds a 5-4 all-time record against the Aggies.
The game will not be televised, but will be streamed online through ESPN3. It will also be aired on the Texas A&M Radio Network.
The Aggies road trip will resume as they travel to take on the No. 3 Florida Gators at 3 p.m. Saturday in Gainesville, Fla.