Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Aggies want Step Show off campus

In response to Sarah Walch’s Feb. 25 news article:
I hope this is the last year we host this Greek Olympiad Step Show event. I realize A&M is trying to become diverse, but I don’t think it’s worth having bullets flying through the air.
We have hosted professional wrestling, the circus, concerts and many other events at Reed Arena. Some of these events drew people from all over the area. Some would say that a few of these events even attracted some undesirable types, yet I have no recollection of gunfire or even fights at those events. I hope this sort of “diversity” is not the future of this school.
Jeff Householder
Class of 2003
The events of early Sunday morning surrounding the Greek Olympiad Step Show are ironic following the “ghetto party” controversy a few weeks ago. The after-party was said to feature drinking, drugs, fighting, and guns.
Let’s call it what it is — this wasn’t a few random folks ruining the party for everyone else. This was widespread mayhem.
While no progress is made by perpetuating stereotypes with things like “ghetto parties,” it seems clear now why stereotypes are hard to break.
My heartfelt sympathies go out to the legitimate organizers, participants, and sincere fans who now have to endure the shame enveloping this event. A lot of people ruined what could have been a wonderful time for many. As debt ridden as Reed Arena is, I hope the University declines events of this type in the future.
T. Bruce Hudak
Class of 2003