Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Ags drop Baylor, 6-0

The No. 12 Texas A&M soccer team got revenge for four consecutive losses to Baylor by stomping the Bears 6-0 at the Aggie Soccer Complex Sunday night.
While five different Aggies scored goals in the game, it was the forwards that led the way for A&M by keeping Baylor goalkeeper Stephanie Dempsey under fire.
Senior forward Nicky Thrasher scored a goal on eight shots and added an assist, but more importantly, the Hermann Award nominee got her first win against the Bears.
“It’s just one of those games,” Thrasher said. “With the talent we have this year, we said we are not going to let them beat us. We took our anger out on them, and it shows on the scoreboard.”
Freshman forward Linsey Johnson added five more shots, scoring a goal and two assists.
For the first 17 minutes, the game was played almost entirely in the middle of the field with neither team able to mount an attack.
A&M got on the board first when junior forward Heather Ragsdale tried a shot from the left side of the goal but Dempsey was able to get her hands on the ball. However, the ball bounced back into the goal off of Baylor’s Melissa Humke.
Freshman defender Shannon Labhart scored the first goal of her career to make the score 2-0 four minutes later. The goal came on a free kick from midfield 45 yards out.
Thrasher and Johnson each added a goal before half to make the score 4-0 at the break.
The Aggies kept the pressure on Dempsey in the second half, taking 15 shots and scoring two more goals, while A&M’s defense finished up the shut out.
The Aggies improve to 5-2-1 and 2-0-1 in the Big 12. Baylor drops to 4-6 and 0-4.
Friday’s game with Houston was canceled due to rain.