Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Ags end regular season at Mizzou

The Texas A&M women’s basketball team will close out what has been a forgettable season this Thursday in Columbia, Mo. The Aggies (10-16, 3-12 Big 12) will complete their regular season slate against a Missouri Tigers team that is looking to finish above .500 in conference play.
The Tigers (14-12, 8-7 Big 12) are riding high following a 73-52 blowout of the University of Kansas Jayhawks. Missouri dominated Kansas on both ends of the court, forcing 25 turnovers while shooting an astounding 62 percent from the field in the second half.
Four Missouri players scored in the double-digits. Senior guard Kerensa Barr and juniors Stretch James and Tracy Lozier dropped in 15 points a piece, while junior guard Myesha Perkins scored 13 off the bench. Missouri began the game on a 10-0 run, holding its opponent scoreless for just less than five minutes. Kansas closed to within seven points early in the game before Lozier hit back-to-back three-pointers just before the half.
“I’m really proud of our team,” said Tigers Head Coach Cindy Stein. “We were really working for a complete game, and I was really impressed with the way we moved the ball.”
Ball movement will be a necessity for Missouri to continue its winning ways against an A&Mteam that leads the conference in steals. The Aggies have been led this year by junior guard Toccara Williams, who ranks first nationally in takeaways.
However, Williams and company had little room to work in A&M’s most recent Big 12 encounter, a crushing 97-54 loss to Baylor University on Sunday afternoon. Baylor’s Lady Bears led by as many as 27 points during the game, thanks in part to the Aggies’ worst shooting performance of the season (24 percent).
Still, A&MHead Coach Peggie Gillom and her team are doing their best to find the silver lining in a trying, injury-plagued season. While the Aggies have lost four straight games, the recent play of junior post Lynn Classen has provided some reason for optimism heading into Wednesday’s game.
“One of the bright spots for us (has been) Classen,” Gillom said. “I am really proud of her. She has been hampered by her knee all season.”
Classen’s injured knee is just one of many ailments the Aggies have had to endure this year. Multiple A&M players including Classen and Williams will seek medical treatment following the Big 12 Tournament in mid-March.
The Tigers will honor Barr prior to tip-off in their final home game for her accomplished career at Missouri. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. at Hearnes Center.