Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Ags look to rebound against No. 3 OU

When the Texas A&M men’s basketball team hosts No. 3 Oklahoma University on Saturday, the two teams will each be in recovery mode.
The Aggies will enter the game fresh off of a 40-point loss to the Kansas Jayhawks, which gave A&M its sixth straight conference road loss. The Aggies were unable to get anything going offensively in Kansas, as A&M’s leading scorer, junior Leandro Garcia-Morales, finished the game with only nine points.
Things will not get any easier for A&M (13-11, 5-8 Big 12), which has only two home games remaining before the Big 12 Tournament begins on March 13. Aggie Head Coach Melvin Watkins said he realizes how important it is to finish the season strong at home.
“It is very important,” he said. “That is something we have said all year long. You have to defend your home court.”
The Aggies have done just that so far this season, posting a 9-3 record at Reed Arena. The record is A&M’s best start at home since the 1994-1995 season at G. Rollie White Coliseum.
Much of this early success has come thanks to senior guard Bernard King and freshman guard Antoine Wright. The two are part of an A&M backcourt that has scored an impressive 53.2 points per game. Wright is an early candidate for National Freshman of the Year, leading the Aggies in rebounding, steals and blocks, and is second only to King in scoring. King has scored in double digits in 18 straight games and has averaged just more than 22 points in the Aggies’ last four outings.
Oklahoma, a team that beat Kansas a week ago and pulled into a tie for the Big 12 Conference lead, went on to lose convincingly on the road at Missouri. The Sooners (19-5, 10-3 Big 12) led by one point with 10:40 to go, but a late Missouri surge from Arthur Johnson and Ricky Clemons led to the 67-52 Tigers’ victory.
“Missouri played like the game was more important to them than it was to us,” said OU Head Coach Kelvin Sampson. “We have to find a way to put (the game) behind us.”
If the Sooners are to rebound from the disappointing loss in Missouri, junior guard Hollis Price will no doubt be a factor. Price, who averages 3.5 three-pointers per game led the Sooners with 16 points and had five rebounds in the loss. Price has a hot hand, as he leads the nation with a 94.5 percentage from the free-throw line.
Oklahoma will look to utilize Price and Quannas White to put quick points on the board. The Sooners have won an astounding 48 of their last 50 games when scoring at least 80 points.
Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. at Reed Arena.