Alabama throttles A&M in Tuscaloosa, 59-0

Returning to Bryant-Denny Stadium for the first time since its 29-24 upset of then-No. 1 Alabama, the Aggies rolled into Tuscaloosa coming off consecutive losses to top-10 teams.
Alabama made it three in a row, scoring a program-record 35 points in the second quarter en route to a 59-0 win. Rather than a repeat of the Manziel magic of 2012, the game more closely resembled another infamous A&M game — the 77-0 loss to Oklahoma in 2003.
At halftime, No. 7 Alabama led No. 21 A&M by 45 points, and not even a late quarterback change could reverse the Aggie fortunes. Midway through the fourth quarter, freshman Kyle Allen replaced starter Kenny Hill behind center, who was 17-26 for 138 yards and an interception. After the game, Hill said the team didn’t have the same confidence it had surrounding the week one win against South Carolina.
After three straight losses, A&M enters a bye week before returning to Kyle Field against ULM.
I think we need to go back and regroup,” senior defensive tackle Ivan Robinson said. “We have problems, but that’s why you have bye weeks.”
Head coach Kevin Sumlin said the bye week represents an ideal time for the team’s mettle to show itself.
“Things get magnified when you lose,” Sumlin said. “Situations like this are when your true character comes to the forefront. What now? It’s always easy when you’re winning. When you have a situation like that when basically nothing went right, the real leadership has to step forward.”
Senior wide receiver Malcome Kennedy said the loss will bring the team closer together.
“Sometimes embarassment is what you need to flip the switch,” Kennedy said. “It happened tonight. We hate it, but we’re going to get better for it.”
Alabama outgained A&M 602-172 in total yardage. T.J. Yeldon’s 13 carries for 114 yards and two touchdowns — all in the first half — paced the Crimson Tide.
Quarterback Blake Sims finished 16-27 for 268 yards and three touchdowns, adding another score on 54 rushing yards. Jake Coker replaced Sims early in the third quarter as Alabama pulled its starters.