A&M spokesman receives international marketing honor

Texas A&M spokesman Jason Cook received international recognition for his contributions to shaping the image of Texas A&M into a thriving top-tier University.
From a field of 15 nominees, Cook was named 2012 International Brand Master by international brand managing firm Educational Marketing Group.
Firm officials said Cooks talent was most demonstrated in his work unifying both the academic and athletic brands of A&M, an effort that presented a united front during a time of increased media exposure after the move to the Southeastern Conference.
[Cook] has managed to reinvent and reinvigorate the Texas A&M brand, while staying consistent and paying homage to the traditions that make the University such a unique institution the firm said in a press release.
Bob Brock, president of the Educational Marketing Group, cited Cooks combination of critical thinking and tactical skills as major factors in his selection.
We are thrilled and honored that a professional of the caliber of [Cook] has been named the 2012 International Brand Master, Brock said. [Cook] has had an outstanding impact on the venerable Texas A&M brand, and his combination of strategic thinking and tactical skill inspires us all.
University President R. Bowen Loftin joined in congratulating Cook and his team.
Im delighted to see Mr. Cook be so prominently recognized for his leadership in elevating the Texas A&M brand and helping make the rest of the world know what we take for granted here in Aggieland that Texas A&M is a top-flight institution and is rapidly achieving even more prominence both nationally and internationally, Loftin said. Thus, I join with others in the Aggie Network in congratulating him and his team for outstanding work on behalf of our University.
Cook has headed Texas A&Ms marketing and communications programs for the last
five years. He previously served in similar capacities for the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service and Texas A&M Agriculture, which includes the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M AgriLife Research and the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
While my name is on the award, it is the result of a team effort reflecting the effective and dedicated work of the entire Division of Marketing & Communications, Cook said. It was gratifying, indeed, to be a part of the effort where so many people pulled together to strengthen the Texas A&M brand and make the university even better known for all the right reasons.