The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

A&M to observe Independence Day with early release

FILE

Even though the end of fall means the end of football, there is still a range of activities happening around campus from arts, sports and more.

Texas A&M announced on Thursday that all non-essential employees may leave work Friday, July 2 at noon in observance of Independence Day. Any regularly scheduled employee providing essential services for any university activity should still report to work on Friday.
Friday’s classes will be held as scheduled as the last day of classes for the first summer term, with finals remaining on Monday.
The Student Recreation Center, Student Health Services, Memorial Student Center and the Becky Gates Children’s Center will all remain open despite the early release.
All employees required to work during this time will be given state compensatory time off to take within the next 12 months or have the choice to adjust their work schedule appropriately.
This early release applies to the entirety of the Texas A&M University System.